Tuesday 2 December 2014

How to keep a 7 year old occupied!

I recently had my nephew down to stay with me and as I don't see him often, I wanted to make the time we had together fun. As my nephew likes baking we decided to make Honeycomb using the recipe from the BBC website. If you're looking for something simple to make that tastes amazing, this is the answer! There are only three ingredients needed, Sugar, Golden Syrup and bicarbonate of soda. As my nephew likes chocolate we also opted to buy this to coat the honeycomb after. I highly recommend watching the video first, as this gives you some good pointers.The hardest part was waiting half an hour for it to set as we both wanted to eat it straight away!

As well as making honeycomb I bought some Jus-Rol Cinnamon Swirls (we decided to cheat just a little!) Not only do they taste great, I love how easy they are to use! If you haven't tried them before you have to, all you have to do is get the mixture out of the packet cut it into 6 pieces and put them in the oven. My nephew found it exciting watching them rise which occupied him for 10 minutes! Icing them was simple too, it was just a case of getting it the right consistency and showing how to drizzle as opposed to slathering them! They taste delicious when still warm, the ideal start to the morning.

If you've got children, both of the above are so simple and easy to do. The only downside is you end up with a day of eating deserts (not such a bad thing!) But most importantly my nephew really enjoyed himself as you can see in the photo's below!




No comments :

Post a Comment