Sunday 7 December 2014

Christmas cocktails with friends

They say the best nights are the ones that aren't planned, I went out last night with my sister and good friend Dylan for one drink......which then turned into several, as I'm writing this I am feeling a little on the ropey side but it was worth it!
As my sister works in Shoreditch we went to Barrio East and took full advantage of the happy hour cocktails, My favourite being the Pina Colada, it was delicious. If you haven't been before it's a really quirky bar with plenty of drinks to choose from, it even has a camper van inside. After trying out the majority of the cocktail menu, we decided to walk to Liverpool Street Station and made a quick pit stop into the Weatherspoons. I left my sister and Dylan at the bar for 5 minutes and returned to a bottle of prosecco, at the bargain price of £14. If you haven't been out in the city before you rarely find prosecco this cheap that's actually nice to drink. Once we had finished we got the underground to Bond Street and made our way to Selfridges, where we went to the rooftop bar. we got a little lost trying to find the lift to take us up there. When you get out of the lift the walkway is decorated beautifully with fairy lights. As we were feeling the Christmas cheer we decided to order gluhwein and then went outside to the terrace where we were given blankets to keep us warm. The view is truly breathtaking, it helped that it was a clear night.
If you're planning on going for a few drinks soon, I  highly recommend the roof top bar. I'm already working out when I can go back!











No comments :

Post a Comment