Sunday 30 November 2014

Chip free for the party season ....Yes please!

It's that time of year when everyone is having their nails done. The question is, do you attempt to paint your nails or do you treat yourself and get them professionally done? If you do decide to pay to have them done you then have to work out what is the best brand/salon to go to, the dilemma's! That's why I've decided to write this post to help you achieve the best result whichever you decide to do.

Let's start with how to make your nail polish last longer...
Having performed many a manicure in my time being a therapist, I've used A LOT of different brands, my favourite's being OPI & Essie, which I find last well and recommend highly for chip free nails. My secret, which many of you may already know, is to make sure you use a good base coat to prevent staining and an even better topcoat to seal the colour. In my opinion the best on the market by far is Seche Vite, which I find stays well for approx 5days (dependant on what you do) some of my clients have gone as long as 2-3 weeks! It's also important to know that prior to painting your nails it's good to give them a little buff and wipe prior to applying and give each coat enough time to dry before putting the next on. I've done a little step by step on how to manicure nails if you would like a copy let me know!



Now if you're going to give yourself a treat and pay.....
With so many gel and acrylic products on the market it's hard to know what the best brands are, it's a minefield to be precise! For those of you that follow me on Instagram or Twitter you will most likely have seen many a photo of nails. The brand I personally use and recommend highly for a beautiful chip-free manicure is a South African brand called Calgel. I truly love the results I get with it, unlike other products it allows your natural nails to respire, which means they won't get damaged providing you don't pick them off! It lasts for up to 4 weeks (depending on how well you look after them) with the added advantage it helps to protect your nails helping them to grow! Plus there is well over 100 colours to choose from, There are so many positives! Although be warned it's addictive, I can guarantee you will never want to be without again!
I've chosen a couple of my favourite autumn nails If you want to know the colours, feel free to drop me a line :) x













No comments :

Post a Comment