Sunday 31 May 2015

A cute little hideaway

Sanuk - Potten End (in between Hemel Hempstead & Berkhamsted)

If you're looking for a place to enjoy a cup of tea and a nice homemade cake, Sanuk is your answer. It's hidden away in the woods, for this reason be warned the road isn't great but that's part of the fun! I love coming here, it's one of those places where your mind drifts away and you forget all of your worries! The smell of the fresh country air and the beautiful scent of the outdoor flowers for sale and it's peacefulnes frees your mind.


It looks like a shed from the outside, but inside its a Moroccan/Indian haven, there's a little shop selling unusual furniture, bracelets, ornaments, dream catchers and much more! 


However my favourite part is the little coffee shop tucked away out the back. They have a selection of beautiful fresh cakes, I always opt for the carrot cake it's delicious, thinking about it is making me salivate, although they do an amazing rich chocolate cake also yummy and another one of my favourites. 


My lovely friend Emma posing with her wedge of chocolate cake! 

The tea cups are all mismatched with the saucers, which adds to the theme. The music playing gently in the background is magical combined with the incense sticks burning. 


It's my secret little haven and the perfect place to catch up with friend without the hustle and bustle of city life. If you manage to find it, you may just see me in there especially on a summers day sitting outside in the sun. X 


No comments :

Post a Comment